In preparation for one of our favourite times of year, we recently paid a visit to the wonderful and wildly creative make-up artist, Yasmin Schwitzer. In true fabulous form Yasmin demonstrated this step by step guide to creating this stunning golden skull look, the perfect balance between Halloween fun and high fashion glam.
STEP BY STEP:
1) Map out the lines and shape of a skull onto your face as Yasmin has done here using the black eyeshadow and a cotton bud. If you feel you have made a mistake, just pop a little make-up remover onto a clean cotton bud for corrections. This will give you a basic frame which can then be easily built on for your show stopping Halloween look!
2) Continuing to use the black eyeshadow, intensify the lines you have already mapped out. Add a line through the tooth marks, a cat-eye style flick on your lower lash line and fill out eyebrows as Yasmin has done here.
3) Now the real fun starts! Begin to shade all of your lines with black eyeshadow and a brush, this will give your look depth and shadows. At this point, we can see the skull beginning to take shape! Following this, take your concealer and dot under your eyes onto cheek bones, onto forehead and chin before blending in. This will give the skin a ghoolish effect, perfect for spooking your fellow Halloween party-goers.
4) Using the gel eyeliner, strengthen existing lines. Yasmin chose to paint over the lines on the mouth area for more definition.
5) Take your Mehron Metallic Powder in gold and pour a small amount into a container followed by a few pumps of the NYX Make-Up Setting Spray, mix these together to form a liquid. Using a brush, paint this mixture onto your eyelids, the tooth area of the skull jaw and anywhere else you fancy! This dries completely once on the skin so you are not at risk of smudging your masterpiece! After you have successfully glammed up the look, use your NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil to add in white lines and shading under the cheek bones and jaw, below eye brows and in the bone detailing on your forehead!
6) Finally, add your Eyelure lashes for that finishing glam touch and get ready to spook and sparkle the night away!
Also, don't forget that for a limited time only, our dresses have 20% off for Halloween with the code TRICK20 - shop them here now!